Rosenberg Institute Discovery Day at the Romberg Tiburon Center
The Barbara & Richard Rosenberg Institute for Marine Biology & Environmental Science
Marine Science in Action
Discovery Day Open House
at Romberg Tiburon Center
Save the Date!
Saturday, April 16, 2016 from 1-5pm
Discovery Day is the Romberg Tiburon Center's annual open house, when we invite the public to visit our marine lab on the Bay and see marine science in action. Spend some time behind the scenes and be a marine scientist for the afternoon! Learn about the research we do to understand, restore and conserve the plants, animals and habitats of San Francisco Bay.
Here are the questions visitors investigated at the 25th Discovery Day on Saturday, April 25, 2015:
- How does a crab's heart beat change with temperature?
- How accurately can you measure the shell size of invasive green crabs?
- How fast does sound move in Bay waters?
- How does the drought affect the water quality in the Bay?
- How do microscopic algae influence global change and the air we breathe?
- How many species are there?
- How fast do copepods move?
See a selection of the data and answers to the questions HERE!
Check back for news of our next Discovery Day on April 16, 2016, or join our mailing list on the right.