Rosenberg Institute Discovery Day Open House at the Romberg Tiburon Center
Thanks everyone for a wonderful Rosenberg Institute Discovery Day 2013!
Discovery Day will not be held in October this year.
Make sure to join us in Spring 2015, date TBD.
Discovery Day is Romberg Tiburon Center's annual open house, the one day of the year when the public can visit the marine lab and spend the day behind the scenes, meet our scientists and learn about their research in San Francisco Bay and beyond. For example,
- Listen to engaging talks on current research in the "Bay Science Cafe"!
- Sea Stories with Tiburon Children's Librarian Alicia Bell!
- Go on a research "cruise" to collect plankton and view it on a microscope in the lab!
- Science activities for adults and kids alike!
- Touch live marine organisms!
- Listen to underwater sounds off our seawall!
- Try your hand at "Plankton Races!"
- Meet Callie the Copepod!
- Make a personalized button featuring Callie & friends!
- Art activities for all ages!
- Create with clay with SF State Ceramics students!
- Photo opps with costumes and props!
- Purchase a limited-edition Discovery Day t-shirt or other merchandise to support RTC students!
- Food and beverages will be available
- Admission and parking for bikes and cars are free!