Rosenberg Institute Discovery Day Open House
at the Romberg Tiburon Center
The Barbara & Richard Rosenberg Institute for Marine Biology & Environmental Science
the 26th Annual
Discovery Day Open House
at Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies
Save the Date!
Sunday, May 1, 2016 , 1-5pm
Discover your inner marine scientist! Discovery Day is the Romberg Tiburon Center's annual open house, when we invite the public to visit our marine lab on the Bay and see marine science in action. Explore a working marine lab and become a marine scientist for the afternoon! Learn about the research we do to understand, restore and conserve the plants, animals and habitats of San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Coast. Collect and record data to answer questions such as:
- How does a crab's heart beat change with temperature?
- How accurately can you measure the shell size of invasive green crabs?
- How fast does sound move in Bay waters?
- How is the food web affected by environmental change?
- How many invasive species are there?
- How fast do copepods move?
- How can you identify individual harbor porpoises?
See a selection of the data and answers to the questions HERE!